Friday, July 6, 2007

Goodbye, Fond Childhood Memories.




Hello again, familiar bitter resentment. Tim Hill, director of the second Garfield disgrace, has gotten his filthy hands all over the chipmunks. The full poster can be seen here.

Jason Lee is starring as the trio's "father", David Seville, which is disappointing, since up to this point I had no beef with him. We were on good terms, Jason. Why did you do this? Are you acting out because you know that I often miss "My Name is Earl", but I am always in my seat a half hour later for the start of "The Office"? Is that what this is about? I can understand you being upset, and please believe me when I say that I really like your show, it's just an awkward time for me. I've got things going on at eight o'clock that have to be taken care of. It's not you, it's me. We could've talked about it, Jason. I mean, participating in the bastardization of a childhood classic just because I missed a couple of episodes? Don't you think you've taken this a little far? I think we should break up. I can't stand by you through this. If you need me, I'll be watching The Chipmunk Adventure, which I still have on VHS. Yes, Jason, I still have a VCR, and yes, I suppose I could've been using it to tape episodes of "My Name is Earl". I guess we're both to blame.

No comments: